recently there is a programme on TV which i find it fucking stupid. the title is called 生命赌注 (Sheng Ming Du Zhu) and it educates the public on the harmful effects of gambling and even features celebrities who once got burnt by gambling and what happened to them suckas when they lost. When I was watching the programme, i kept laughing for i-oso-dunno-what-the-fuck reason. They just look like idiots to me and I don't learn a single shit from them. As i'm typing tis post, i still have 2 open soccer bets worth $200 waiting to be won.
Everyone tat knows me well enough shld know that i'm a gambler (but I do not gamble with my luck). In fact, I grew up in a place that taught me the magic of poker cards and the beautiful colours of mahjong tiles. I started learning the wonderful game called mahjong when i was in pri4. at a point in time i even know how to play 四色牌 (the game tat old ppl play in void decks). As long as the game requires skill as much as it requires luck, i'm interested to learn. (and btw, I dun like to play luck with people)
Gambling never got me addicted to the ugly face of money. However it taught me how to calculate my risks and raised my interest of analysing figures. But how come those people in the fucking TV set didn't mention that? Is it bcos my self-control is better than them? Or are they so hard-pressed for money? (don't forget that i'm poor too)
Actually until today i still dont understand the mentality of some people. they may lose $100 on a bet and they will bet $200 to make sure they also win back the share they lost just now. they do not realise that they were controlled by greed. Betting to me is just a hobby so that i can spend more on another hobby. It should never be called an "investment". I make sure I do not act on a moment of madness and most importantly, one must bet within their limits.
If the situation of losing happens to me, i will stop betting for the week instead of "fighting back". No matter how skilful you are, gambling still requires some luck. Luck changes as time goes by. So, by losing now you must tell yourself that "today is not my day, there's always a better chance nxt week".
The real winner is the one that accept his lost gracefully. Don't let greed take over you.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahahahaha.. HUAT AR!! U bet is to win, if lose bet again dun give up.. u will still win.. haha this is call calculated win!!
lol
luck = preparation + opportunity
The theory of gambling is simple: only bet when you can win. Only stupid people bet when they think they are lucky
Post a Comment