Friday, August 10, 2007

Officially turned 21 on 1-Aug. I think this day is only worth celebrating when u know you have achieved something in your life. But I seriously don't think many people has done that after living 20 complete years, especially in Singapore. Just look back at your life - How many years were spent drinking milk, playing your early years away, watching senseless cartoons, making your parents angry by coming home late. Maybe the best thing you had done was studying and getting good grades. And there you are, happy as can be, more than 1/4 of your life gone.

I look back at my life, nothing achieved at all. The best I could do for my parents was getting good grades and not wasting their money and effort on their only child. But I did not deliver. My mother kept reminding that money weren't easy to earn, but I still spent it like water. She kept reminding me to get good grades so that I can get into a good Uni, but I spent time during lectures sleeping, time after school playing squash, sleeping, roaming in Tampines Mall.

Perhaps the best I've done was choosing to go Guards during army. The hardship I suffered finally woke me up. I realised that was the hardest thing I've done in my life. 18 years spent in the comfort zone expecting people to provide for you.


The song goes, "ORD, back to study~"
I wasn't sure if I could. So I entered the workforce for 6 months. 4 months spent on one job. Makes me realise how difficult it is to earn money. I worked hard, but it was nothing compared to what my mother has done over the past 25 years for the family. Just for a better tomorrow.

At this very moment, my life is complete. I'm studying hard for a degree, learning how to do business, filling my time with meaningful stuff. I have my mother who is always giving her unconditional love for me, friends who will be there for me when I need them, and a girl who I love very much.

Time. I am going to have a race with you.

_____________________
1-Aug

Total of 17 people wished me Happy Birthday by sms. And the best being the 1st msg that came in at 12am. Opened up the msg and there was a birthday song sang just for me, the beautiful voice from my girl.

The wonderful people who made my day so memorable






My "present"


My Girl

2-Aug
Belated celebration with best mates from the army. Ben, Gerald, Kong. Shaohua missing.


My birthday "cakes"

No comments: