Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Purpose of Waking Up

Previously, I talked about myself waking early to queue for the Apple iPhone on a beautiful Sunday morning. I made some money, and also realised the purpose of waking up...

How many of you wake up every morning tired of the daily routine, dreading to go to work or to school? Or simply having nothing to do and decide to sleep in more? If you wake up every morning feeling tired, please do not give the excuse that you don't have enough sleep, unless you are a certified insomniac. You just don't have a purpose in waking up.

You must be very unhappy with what I've said cos you always give the excuse and you are really tired. Ask yourself, tired about what? Your daily routine? Your committments? Your work? Going to school? Think back about the first day you went to school or to work. What was the state of your mind back then? Tired? Or trying very hard to make a good impression and learn?

People start feeling tired and dread waking everyday when waking up becomes and routine and eventually becomes a chore. Some wake up everyday looking forward to the end of the day, of the week and enjoy the weekend. How do they enjoy? Sleep.

Do you live with an aim? Are you passionate about your job? If I tell you that today is your last day to live, what will you do? Do you say, "I must stop going to work for one day and start doing the things I like....."

Basically that's it! You don't love your job! You don't love what you are doing, so you don't want to wake up to another day. Me being a very good example, I dread going to work cos I don't like being treated like a dog. I love going to school and I wake up feeling good on school days, no matter how little sleep I have and how far my school is. Love your job and it won't become a routine. Don't work for money, work because you love what you are doing. Everyday will be different for you know you are closer to your goal.

Like last week, I was afraid I couldn't wake up to queue for the iPhone cos I had only 5 hours of sleep. Surprisingly, I woke up feeling very energetic and ready to fight the day. And I won big. No regrets.

People always say, "Live like there is no tomorrow". How many of us really know the meaning of it? So what's the purpose of waking up? Pretend I'm going to die at the end of the day? When it comes to your friends, you should ask yourself, "If my friend dies today, will I regret not spending time with him/her?"

Yes, stop giving the excuse to your friends that you are busy or tired and there is always another day to meet. If the person is willing to see you, I'm sure he doesn't mind waking up at wee hours just to spend time with you.

I am not asking you not to have a plan for the future. What you do today decides how fast you get to your future. Make your choice today.

No comments: