Financial Planning
Being an insurance agent is really easy, I just need to know one or two products, then go out and start peddling them. Whether you need or don't need, as long as I make you think that you need, the sale is done. However, being a financial planner is real tough job. You have to identify needs by going though a thorough fact find, then analyse some critical numbers before finally coming to a solution. This process take time, knowledge and experience.
Many of them, including me, start out as an insurance agent. Even organisations do that, first by focusing on product features, then begin to look into customers' needs to come out with new versions of the product. Financial planning takes a lot of knowledge, basically the planner must know everything related to money; from deposits to stocks to fund to property. It is until you gain some serious experience before you embark on a total planning route.
For that simple reason of wanting to be in the top of the industry in terms of advisory, I am enrolling myself into the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) program to hone my skills as a financial planner. Earning myself into the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) by volume is not what I aspire, going there because I have solid clients who trust their financial plans with me is my dream.
By the way, if you are wondering how many people in this industry hold the CFP or ChFC designation, I can safely tell you that it's less than 25%. Correct me if I am wrong.
Being an insurance agent is really easy, I just need to know one or two products, then go out and start peddling them. Whether you need or don't need, as long as I make you think that you need, the sale is done. However, being a financial planner is real tough job. You have to identify needs by going though a thorough fact find, then analyse some critical numbers before finally coming to a solution. This process take time, knowledge and experience.
Many of them, including me, start out as an insurance agent. Even organisations do that, first by focusing on product features, then begin to look into customers' needs to come out with new versions of the product. Financial planning takes a lot of knowledge, basically the planner must know everything related to money; from deposits to stocks to fund to property. It is until you gain some serious experience before you embark on a total planning route.
For that simple reason of wanting to be in the top of the industry in terms of advisory, I am enrolling myself into the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) program to hone my skills as a financial planner. Earning myself into the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) by volume is not what I aspire, going there because I have solid clients who trust their financial plans with me is my dream.
By the way, if you are wondering how many people in this industry hold the CFP or ChFC designation, I can safely tell you that it's less than 25%. Correct me if I am wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment