Friday, March 14, 2008

The Difference

Do you know the difference between winners, people with a winning mindset and losers?

First let me define winners and losers. Winners are people who achieve. They achieve in everything they do, their dreams. Their bucket is always full and they always change a bigger bucket (read: dreams) and fill it full again. It never overflows.

Losers are the opposite. They never understand how things can be done. Let alone a dream. Which is why I need to use the bucket example so that they can at least try to understand (which I don't expect them to anyway).

So, the difference between them is that winners achieve. They aim high and they reach high. They take achievement as a hobby. For example (here i go again), they aim for 100 marks for their exams and work towards it, happily (that is the main purpose of a hobby). Some people achieve at a price. They will tell you how difficult it is to get full marks. These people are not winners.

People with winning mindset understand how winners think. They marvel when winners talk. The reason they may not be achieving is that they are poor. Poor in planning and execution. For these people, they need models. Winning models. Idolise that person and follow his actions. Switch to a better model everytime you achieve.

Losers are people who will laugh when you tell them your hobby is getting good results.

I bet you are laughing now right?

If anyone tell you that mindset can be changed overnight, give him/her the finger and say "fuck you go and die". Mindsets can be changed, but never overnight. It must be nurtured, needs time to kick bad habits and more time to make good, new ones. Identifying that you need to change for the better is the first step to success. We will go into the topic "Change" another time.

I don't know why I am talking about success now like I am already damn successful. Maybe one day in time my blog entries will be highly sought after. Let's wait and see.

I have a dream...

One day I will compile all these into a book and be the next best Singaporean selling author after Mr Khoo. To be a best-selling author I need to achieve big and let the world know. Right now only I know and she knows. I already have the chapters mapped out.

You ask me when is that "one day". Winners don't say one day. They set deadlines. This day... Only I know.

1 comment:

blackhat. said...

eh mr winner
so when are we going out?

hahaha im mr loser
so i'll say, one day during summer
or how bout something like next week
hahaha

so gimme a definite answer slut.