Sunday, May 31, 2009

Discipline

I cracked my brains over the weekend on how to start my lesson plans to teach the two underachieving kids at home. Sticking to the main principle of discipline and accountability for their own actions, I have decided to come out with a weekly timetable and a daily planner for them over this June holidays and filing their progress in a file. The worst thing that can happen to kids is to start to slack, especially during the holidays where they start to sleep late and forget how the school looks like.

Of course, kids will never understand the meaning of discipline and accountability at their age, therefore I have to give them hands-on and most importantly, lead by example. Rewards definitely have to be in the picture as well, for kids are just kids and these are their pushing force. On that, balance of punishment and reward must be present.

If there are any parents interested to know how I do it, feel free to drop me an email at zeqi86 (yahoo.com) and I will guide you on this. This is definitely the first step to instil discipline in your children, and the rest will just follow.

No comments: