The Pressure of a Top Student
Don't worry, I am not so arrogant to declare myself as the top student yet. However, I am quite sure that group of students up there are not having a good time. Just imagine, as you climb up, the probability of yourself moving up further gets smaller and smaller as compared to moving south. Finally, you reach the top spot and nobody could defeat you. So, it's either you stay there or get caught off guard.
You cannot afford to slack. People around you expect you to do better, or at least maintain that position. You got to work damn hard to keep the title, as a result giving some pressure to yourself. You don't feel the fun anymore when competition surface.
Not an easy job to be the best you know.
Anyway, I was studying with Richie and Zelda today hoping that I can help with their exam preparation while I study diligently for my papers starting next week, and over lunch they told me that their Macro lecturer, Mr Seet, says that the top student for the subject comes from his class every year.
Obviously, I wasn't a student from his class and definitely not too too happy when I heard that. And you know what?
I AM GOING TO CHANGE THAT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment