Saturday, August 15, 2009

Drive Drove Driven

Thinking back, I was a piece of slack shit in the past. Me today and the me some years ago are not the same person. What changed me? And when was my turning point?

To investigate my turning point, I had to recall the friends I met in the past that had not met me in a long time. And I found it. It was during army. Not the beginning of army - but 2 months into it. I found out through my long lost BMT buddy last week. He was surprised with the things that I told him.

So what is it...? It is the array of failure that I went through during that phase of life. Failure in BMT, failure during SISPEC made me realise that I was really quite useless, even at the area that I thought I was good. In the process I met some really educated people and a bunch of uneducated soldiers, whom taught me about life in ways which I had never known before.

I looked at them and looked at myself. I didn't want to be useless anymore. So I started picking up materials that had the power to change my life. I give the best in everything I do. I demand the best from people around me. I don't take nonsense and excuses for non-performance.

At this juncture, I feel that I'm stronger than superman. Holding a job that demands so much hardwork and rejection is no easy feat. I have to constantly upgrade my own knowledge in this line and conduct myself fit and proper. Other than that, I have 2 kids to perpare for PSLE. On top of that, my own academic responsibility is starting to scare myself as well. Going into the last year of study, I signed up for Chartered Financial Analyst exam that is coming in December. As if I'm not busy enough right.

But it's ok. I will conquer every single one of them. I have the techniques to achieve academic excellence. Woosh!!!

No comments: