From this year onwards, I will be doing reviews of every book that I read. Being an avid reader, I drop by book stores almost once every week to check out new titles and will then proceed to libraries to get it. However, the ratio of non-fiction to fiction books is about 20 to 1. Good books will definitely end up on my shelf, so drop me a comment if you are interested to borrow.
The first completed book for 2009 is Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

I liked his first two books (The Tipping Point and Blink) very much but this is abit of a disappointment as compared.
This book subjects itself on what makes an outlier, the one that lies at the tail end of the bell curve. Intelligence and success may not have correlation. It talks about the success behind successful people like Bill Gates and others, on why asians perform better in mathematics, just to name afew. People with the highest IQ might not even make it without the luck and the people you meet along the way. Just like the chinese saying, "天时、地理、仁和、智慧", one needs a combination of them to be successful.
As usual, this book is packed with facts that will make you realise the reason why things are the way it is. Visit his site to find out more.
Out of his three published books, I still like The Tipping Point best.
The Tipping Point

Blink

Outliers
No comments:
Post a Comment