Apologies for keeping the blog idle for a week. Been busy with re-organisation after prelims. Pulled out materials that needs more coverage and starting working on them, at the same time looking through my scholarship application wondering if I should rewrite the essay. I promised to show my mindmaps but I am not done with scanning, so it will come in the next issue.
_________________________
Interacted with some friends these few days, quite glad that Aik Meng actually remembered what I told him some time ago... Words that leave such impression on a top student must be useful, so let me share with you these words of wisdom.
Tip
Reach for the stars. For if you fail, you will still hit the sky.
First of all, I have to say that I don't know what does "fail" means. This word has been erased off my dictionary long ago, and it's even more confusing in this context.
Do you know why some people aim for 70 marks and they don't get it? The reason is very simple. It's because they give themselves 30 marks to fail.
Get it? It's not really easy to understand if your aim is always the passing mark, cos we are talking about the sky here. You realise the mindset of top students are always getting 100 marks. The moment you tell yourself that 90 marks is acceptable, you will miss out studying some important info cos you already give yourself 10 marks to lose, so it's ok to miss a little of this and a little of that and you end up not getting the results you wanted initially.
This is really what's going on inside your brain. It's time to retune that wonderful gift of yours.
First of all, I have to say that I don't know what does "fail" means. This word has been erased off my dictionary long ago, and it's even more confusing in this context.
Do you know why some people aim for 70 marks and they don't get it? The reason is very simple. It's because they give themselves 30 marks to fail.
Get it? It's not really easy to understand if your aim is always the passing mark, cos we are talking about the sky here. You realise the mindset of top students are always getting 100 marks. The moment you tell yourself that 90 marks is acceptable, you will miss out studying some important info cos you already give yourself 10 marks to lose, so it's ok to miss a little of this and a little of that and you end up not getting the results you wanted initially.
This is really what's going on inside your brain. It's time to retune that wonderful gift of yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment