Last issue we talked about changing your mindset. Today we are going to change the body. More specifically, that clock in your body. This is the most simple thing that nobody thought was important, and they thought they are right by working that way.
The most common statement I hear is, "I don't sleep early cos night time more quiet to study ma," and the most absurd I've heard is, "I absorb better at night."
Let me tell you that you are so wrong. Unless your exams are in the night, there is no reason for you to stay up late at all.
Tip
It is not the length of your sleep. It is the time you go to bed every night.
My chinese physician gave me that advice, and she reminds me to sleep before 12 midnight everyday. 7 hours should be sufficient and anything less than 5 hours of sleep is bad for your concentration.
Stop burning the midnight oil. Make use of the sunlight instead.
(I am giving advice based on my experience. I hope to find scientific backing for my claims and will appreciate if anyone has the info, or would gladly prove me wrong.)
The most common statement I hear is, "I don't sleep early cos night time more quiet to study ma," and the most absurd I've heard is, "I absorb better at night."
Let me tell you that you are so wrong. Unless your exams are in the night, there is no reason for you to stay up late at all.
Tip
It is not the length of your sleep. It is the time you go to bed every night.
My chinese physician gave me that advice, and she reminds me to sleep before 12 midnight everyday. 7 hours should be sufficient and anything less than 5 hours of sleep is bad for your concentration.
Stop burning the midnight oil. Make use of the sunlight instead.
(I am giving advice based on my experience. I hope to find scientific backing for my claims and will appreciate if anyone has the info, or would gladly prove me wrong.)
No comments:
Post a Comment