Before I prepare in the new year ahead, I will review this previous year to see what have I done and what is there to improve. And obviously I'm not someone busy typing off their "new year resolutions" and leave it to rot for the next 366 days and set a new one year after year and achieve nothing. Stupid.
I would say 2007 is a fruitful year for me as there is a big change in my lifestyle. Some important events that happened....
January - I took on my first job since army as a cook apprentice at Cahaya. I didn't learn much of cooking but certainly learnt how to suffer and pick up some household skills that are important.

6 Feb - Officially got back my freedom from army. Closed a colourful chapter of my life with nice people and a wonderful army experience. A new chapter begins and it proved to be the turning point of my life. All the events that happened later would not have occured if I was still in the army.
19 Mar - I was hired by GE Money. It was the first job that I needed to put my little intellect to use. Got to know great people and formed a clique that I believe will be still around for decades to come. The kind of bonding that I do not know if I can find in my future workplace.

Apr - I gave up my love for cycling.
Apr - Started a small business with Kiat Haw selling some stuff. A very easy business that proved to be profitable, in the process having learned how to operate and maintain it.

June - Got my laptop.
2 June - Attended Mayday's concert sitting in the first row. Had one of my dreams come true. An unforgettable experience.
4 June - I met Low Chui Wah.
9 July - We got together.

1 Aug - I turned 21 with my colleagues celebrating this day with me. No longer can I wish that people put the "promising youngster" label on me. I'm not young anymore and obviously I wasn't good enough to be called a "promising youngster".

13 Aug - I got my Class 3 license.
31 Aug - Went back to school. This time with a totally different mindset, with the drive to obtain a first class honours. Made some lousy school mates though.
24 Dec - First christmas spent with my other half. It was good to be able to spend time together on this special day. Bought a pair of couple watches.

Thoughout the year, I cultivated a good habit of reading with the help of Kiat Haw who will always walk into a book store and Liting who lent me a library book during a weekend at work. I never stopped borrowing books ever since. Going to the Central Lending Library at least once a week to read the Asian Wall Street Journal with my darling is something that I enjoy doing very much, being able to acquire knowledge together. And I'm happy that I gave up soccer betting. And trash TV.
For the new year I just hope that I can keep my habit of bringing a notebook everywhere I go so that I can pen down my ideas and things that I don't want to forget. And learn trading. Not the stock market but forex.
Have a fruitful year 2008 ahead everyone. Huat ah!
1 comment:
HAPPY NEW YEAR MAN!! hehehe
U had my cute little pic on ur blog.. ooo so touch.. hehehe.. Anyway, 新年快乐!!!
希望你年年有今日,岁岁有今天!!!
Cheerios to our friendship!!
Post a Comment