Spent my morning away lazing in bed reading and falling asleep and waking up to read again.. Quite unusual of me to be spending so much time sleeping cos I think one should maximise their time doing meaningful stuff, like acquiring knowledge and doing housework (haha). But I have been down with flu recently and it's making me quite sick so this rest is much needed.
Nonetheless, eom (end of month) is here again. I used to dread this period of the month (no, I don't know how a period feels like but I guess it feels as sucky) cos my bank would be dry and my days before payday wont be exciting. I always look forward to the day where my bank will be reloaded again.
I realised this is habit is very, very bad. I shouldn't be repeating this unhealthy cycle every month. Now that I have identified my problem, I'm going to change this bad habit. Even though I'm earning only $300-$400 per month (less than half of what I earn in GE, the period where I experienced the period every month). I must learn to manage every cent, even it means to save only a dollar, I must learn to manage that dollar. I do not know how much exactly I'm earning every month, so I'm going to set percentages of my salary to categories other than expenses that are fixed.
$80 - Transport.
$100 - Illiquid savings.
Remaining
50% - Necessities
25% - Family
10% - Liquid savings
10% - Luxury (clothes, expensive food)
5% - Knowledge (books)
From what you can see, even if it means to have only $100 to eat for the month, it is important to allocate funds to knowledge and luxury. This is essential to life's enjoyment. Yes, I only earn this much and I'm enjoying it. Not to worry, I am earning 20X as much in 4 years time. If you want to be more specific, that will be $8000. Watch me.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment