Bought a new pair of shoes at Heeren yesterday. It is from Converse. The reason I bought it was because it's cheap, not that I got too much money. I don't think it's easy to get sneakers at $39.90 nowadays. Even though I never liked Converse, I would be happy if it can last me for 1 year and seems that it's not easy to slip and die on this pair.

I never liked Converse for the fact that they make basketball apparel. I hate the sport. Since young, the only sport that everyone choose to play is basketball and nothing else. Basketball courts everywhere. You tell me why. Bounce bounce bounce and get your hands dirty. Yucks. Oh ya, and if you still don't know me, I have got this bloody elitist mindset. I hate things that majority like.
The most important factor is that their quality control is sucks. Saw a few pairs that should have never made it onto the shelves if I were the QC manager. And it's not the first time I see shoes that don't pass my QC appearing with the Converse logo. Is it so costly to dump those away for somebody else to pick it up and resell it in Thailand or Vietmam?
The manufacturing process needs some looking into. Maybe my high expectations is due to the fact that I know what is Six Sigma (yea I worked in GE), things that don't pass QC shouldn't be happening and it should never be sold. Luckily my pair is ok.
Anyway, who the hell is Jack Purcell? Why is his name appearing on the back of my shoe??
____________

This is a gift. and the gift wrap has a name. It's called the Ziplock.
No comments:
Post a Comment