Friday, July 04, 2008

Bad Luck

Exactly 2 weeks ago, I had a bad fall which I blamed it on some passerby. The following event can only happen to someone extremely suay.

Yea, you got it right. I fell again. On the wound that was recovering. I have nobody to blame this time. Over the past month I knew that particular drain gutter was not down fully and it got me today. For that split second in the air I was in disbelief. And everything just went blank. Blank as in nothing in my brain and cursing the flight, and not black out.

Recently I feel that there is a higher force at work up there and it has been trying to make things difficult for me. Fell down for the first time in so long, then lost money in soccer betting (fortunately I stopped before it's really too late), had a fall again on the same wound. This kinda shit don't happen much and had never happened as a string of events.

Ironically, in hokkien, gamble and fall is the same pronounciation. "pua" kiao (gambling) and "pua" tou (falling). Maybe I got my punishment for not learning and not keeping my promise. If that is the case then I think I fully deserve it and should receive no sympathy.

I broke down. Not because of the pain, because I can't believe my luck.

Send me a get well soon card. No, a better luck card will be fine. Thanks.

No comments: