I am not retaking my PSLE so don't be mistaken. I am concerned with the twins under my tutelage as their progress have not been up to standard. I do not want them to be regretting in years to come, not being able to receive good education from a good school and mentor.
I do not know much about the quality of schools and the teachers in there, but I am pretty disgusted with the level of standard the school has been giving all these years. Both of them did not pass their exams every year. Yes you did not see wrongly. Every year. And guess what? They still managed to hit the 3rd quartile of their classes every year!! In case you do not understand, there are still a handful of students who performed worse than them.
Given the really short timeframe, I try my best to motivate them the way I motivated myself during my own exams. I made a daily activity planner and a weekly timetable so that they can fill in and be responsible for their own outcome. I told them I can only be there to guide their mistakes, the path to passing will be solely on themselves. I do not want them to take the painful way to learning and I believe the earlier one starts, the faster success will come.
I am sharing the stuff I gave them here.
I do not know much about the quality of schools and the teachers in there, but I am pretty disgusted with the level of standard the school has been giving all these years. Both of them did not pass their exams every year. Yes you did not see wrongly. Every year. And guess what? They still managed to hit the 3rd quartile of their classes every year!! In case you do not understand, there are still a handful of students who performed worse than them.
Given the really short timeframe, I try my best to motivate them the way I motivated myself during my own exams. I made a daily activity planner and a weekly timetable so that they can fill in and be responsible for their own outcome. I told them I can only be there to guide their mistakes, the path to passing will be solely on themselves. I do not want them to take the painful way to learning and I believe the earlier one starts, the faster success will come.
I am sharing the stuff I gave them here.
(link)
(link)
No comments:
Post a Comment